Friday, November 15, 2019

The Same Thing



The Same Thing


The words of David Usher, author of Let the Elephants Run resounded with me:


“We tend to go to the same places, to do the same things in the same way most of the time.”

As I thought more about this I came to the conclusion that there isn’t anything actually wrong with this. It is a personal preference for some who take comfort and enjoyment in the known. 

He continued with the following:

“Trying something new is for most of us, the exception rather than the rule.”

As I thought about my own life I realized that I vacillate between the two. I crave routine until I don’t. One day I wake up, and know that it is time to do something new. 

Interestingly, though, sometimes it takes convincing to do so. Fear of the unknown has a way of kicking in, and I find myself reluctant at first to make a change. 

What I have found time and time again, is that I rarely regret any new thing I’ve tried, and if I do there usually is some life lesson presented to me like a gift wrapped with a shiny bow. 

Of course, everyone is different, and needs to follow their own path. What I am offering for your consideration today is not to avoid the new and different, even if there is some discomfort involved. 

Keep it interesting, my friend. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment