Wednesday, November 6, 2019

A Difference of Opinion

A Difference of Opinion

One of the things that is most endearing about my twenty-two month old grandson is his ability to express his needs and wants. Each time I am around him I get the biggest kick at how he lets me know what he expresses himself with a pretty impressive vocabulary for his young age. 

The other thing that I am loving is watching his unique personality come to life. He definitely is his own person, and while his older brother is all about trucks and tractors, this little guy seems to love cars. 

A few weeks back when I was visiting mid-week I observed the funniest thing between the two of them. Now up to this point if there ever was a difference of opinion it was generally met with the clashing of teeth and hands. 

However, this was the first time that the argument involved actual words. We were sitting in the living room in the evening when the youngest heard a loud vehicle drive by. He lit up immediately, looked at me with the biggest grin, and said, “Car!”

I smiled back, shook my head, and agreed. Unfortunately, the older and sometimes wiser brother piped in with a quick correction that it was not a car, but instead a truck. 

The younger one looked at me again and said, “Car!” The older one responded with, “Truck.”
Now this back and forth continued until the younger one stepped closer to his brother, looked him in the eye, and emphatically stated, “Car!”

My daughter and I cracked up, and she pointed out that they might have just had their first argument using words!

Unfortunately, I doubt it will be their last. 



No comments:

Post a Comment