Friday, August 16, 2019

Paying Attention


Paying attention. 

Author Emily P. Freeman describes her job as a writer in this way:

“My job even before writing is to pay attention.”


Regardless, of whether you consider yourself a writer or not, her words can be helpful.

It’s only through paying attention that we notice what needs to be done. Paying attention allows us to embrace the inspiration that is placed along our path. 

If we are too busy or too distracted then we just might miss our purpose in that moment. 

As I reflected on the idea of paying attention I knew that it related to writing my blog. When I’m not paying attention I find myself struggling to come up with ideas.

If I haven’t read something new, or visited a new place, or talked with a stranger, chances are that my well of ideas have run dry. However, when I’m aware of what I’m listening to, watching or reading then ideas seem to flow like water. 

As you make your way through your day pay closer attention to what is right before your eyes, so you don’t overlook the importance of that moment, and the treasures it may bring. 




No comments:

Post a Comment