Monday, August 5, 2019

A Cat Tale


A Cat Tale

Have you ever wondered how people come up with a business idea? Today being an entrepreneur is a legitimate way to make a living limited only by your lack of imagination. 

Recently, I visited a very unique place with an interesting business model. As I thought about how it came to be I couldn’t help but imagine the following scenario:


Cat Lover One: “I’ve always wanted to have my own business.” 

Cat Lover Two: “Me too!  I’m so tired of working for someone else.  Hey maybe we should go into business together?”

Cat Lover One: “That’s a great idea, but what could we do?”


Cat Lover One: “Why don’t we open a little Cat Boutique, and sell all kinds of cat merchandise?”

Cat Lover Two: “That’s a great idea, and wouldn’t it be fun to have an actual cat roaming around the place like a mascot?”

Cat Lover One: “Yah, kind of like that library cat I read about in the book Dewey.
I love that idea!”

Cat Lover Two: “Cat lovers can never resist loving on a cat when they get the chance.” 

Cat Lover One: “I know! The only thing better than one cat is two. Wait a second why do we have to stop at two? What if we had a whole room full of cats? Do you think people would pay money to get to hang out with them?”


Good question Cat Lover One, because guess what? YES they will!  In fact, I bet you money that on a half-priced Friday where it’s only $5.00 a person you’ll have a whole room full of cat lovers hanging out with their feline friends. 

Yes, readers that’s exactly what happened last Friday at the Casual Cat Cafe in Richland Hills, Tx. I spent about thirty minutes checking out an assortment of kittens to cats, and enjoyed every minute of it.  

Several families were also there allowing their kids to play with and entertain the abundance  of cats and kittens. I laughed as I thought about how my youngest grandson would have been in cat heaven. Unfortunately, he likes to hold them upside down, and after reading a full page of rules, I don’t think they would have allowed him in for the safety of the cats. 

However, I may see a return visit in the future. 

Who would have thought that people would pay money to hang out with a bunch of cats? I have to hand it to the creativity of the owners. 



No comments:

Post a Comment