Monday, August 26, 2019

Opinions


Opinions. 

“A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.”

I’ve realized that so much in life is just somebody’s opinion, mine included. 

I don’t always understand other’s opinions, and sometimes I find myself acting overly defensive about mine. 

I used to think that opinions had more to do with the flavor of ice cream, and not so much about religion or politics, but I found myself determined to find the right flavor of both of these as well. 

I have come to understand that we are influenced by our upbringing and our experiences, and our opinions are based on these. We all come with our own set of biases.

As I watch both sides of an opinion be quick to express hatred for the other it makes me sad. I wonder if it has to continue or could things be different?

Sometimes I think that we have just gotten so big that it’s hard to find common ground anymore. 

In the future, though I don’t want to be so quick to defend my opinion as “right.” I do, however, want to extend the effort required to base my opinion on facts and knowledge as often as possible- except, perhaps, when it comes to my favorite flavor of ice cream!












No comments:

Post a Comment