Friday, August 2, 2019

Coexisting


Coexisting.

As I was walking through my house the other day, I couldn’t help but notice the accommodations I have made for my furry companions.  

In an effort to keep my cat off the dining room chairs, I have placed dryer sheets on all chairs except one. I have covered one of my big Captain’s chairs with a towel to provide a comfy spot for her majesty. Of course, we still play a game of musical chairs occasionally when the dryer sheets begin to lose their fragrance.

In my living room another towel covers the one upholstered chair there to help prevent it from being covered in cat hair. I still have to keep an eye out for the cat when she begins to rub against any piece of furniture in that room, because I don’t want that love fest to end up with telltale bite marks on my furniture.

Now the next two accommodations pertain to both furry members of our household, so Cooper doesn’t get a pass here. For some unknown reason on occasion they have been guilty of using the rug in the front foyer as an emergency bathroom. My solution, besides keeping a better eye on them, is to cover the gorgeous rug with a thin flannel throw. Not exactly a Chip and Joanna moment here, but the blanket can be easily washed.

Now mind you that the cat actually has two litter boxes in the laundry room since our last trip to Galveston was a little longer than a weekend. I figured she’d choose one as her preference, but nooo, she continues to use both. 

In an effort to direct the cat to her litter box, and the dog to the backyard, I have also put up a baby gate to block entrance to the front office, have closed the guest room door completely, and only keep the powder bath door cracked. 

In addition to all of this I almost forgot that Cooper will only eat his food on carpet. So I diligently place his bowl each day between the recliner and the couch, and manage only to trip over it occasionally. 

Geez Louise this has gotten ridiculous! Of course, were these animals ever really intended to live inside?  Perhaps not, but today they basically rule the roost. 

Good thing I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment