Wednesday, December 1, 2021

One Smart Dog


 One of the things I like to do with my three year old grandson is play counting games. I have made several counting games where he counts different objects on to little boards. 

One of the last games we played had dogs on the boards and we counted mini dog bones. As you can well imagine both my dog Cooper, and my daughter’s dog Ellie were quite interested in this game. 

In fact, it was pretty tricky trying to count the bones before they were gobbled up by the dogs since we played the game on the floor. 

Today we played a new game with Christmas trees and pom pom ornaments. I placed the boards on the floor like I usually do, and then placed a number card by each one. 

Immediately my dog Cooper was right there checking us out. He noticed the boards being placed on the floor, and saw that some kind of counter was being placed on them. 

He kept sniffing the little pom poms somewhat perplexed that they didn’t smell like food. I was pretty impressed that he had made the connection between the two games. 

He’s pretty good at noticing things and anticipating what will happen next. 

Now Ellie, not so much, as she continued to rest comfortably from a distance. Of course, she may have been the smarter one realizing that the pom poms weren’t dog bones at all! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment