Monday, December 6, 2021

Christmas Memory


When I was a little girl living in Florida I remember at Christmas each child in the class would        bring a small gift to exchange with another child. 


Now I’m not exactly sure the logistics of the exchange, but I do remember one of the gifts that I longed for. Apparently it was quite popular back then, but sadly to no avail I never received it. 

Do you remember the Life Savers Storybook? I’m not exactly sure if it was the candy that I craved or just the cuteness of the little box. Knowing me it had more to do with the cute little box that looked like a book. 

Well today when I ran into Aldi to pick up a couple of things I came across that treasured box and couldn’t resist buying it. It’s taken fifty-five years, but I’ve finally received the childhood gift of my dreams. 

Another thing I remember always wanting was the large box of 64 crayons with the built in crayon eraser. Sadly, I think the largest I may have gotten was the box of 48. 

Gosh! It sounds like I had a really deprived childhood! Don’t even get me talking about the princess phone, or snow shoe boots I never got.😂

No comments:

Post a Comment