Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Anticipation



Each morning when my grandsons wake up the first thing they do is go and check for their Elf on the Shelf, Stevie. 

This year my daughter has gone all out to be “the keeper of the magic” and I’m sure each night when the boys go to sleep, “visions of sugar plums dance in their heads.”

The funny thing too is that I’m checking  in each morning excited to find out about Stevie’s antics. 

The other day when I wrote about needing motivation my friend’s husband, Tim Wood advised the following as a way to stay motivated;

“Anticipating what’s around the corner. Every.Single.Day.”

Between his advice and my grandsons example of anticipation I can see how if we lose this aspect of life it suddenly can becomes very routine and predictable.

In fact, looking forward to something can be more enjoyable than the actual event for some people. Either way adding back that natural excitement about life is something I don’t want to lose sight of. 

What are you anticipating?

“This is the day that the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Psalm 118:24 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment