Monday, December 2, 2019

Four


Four

Four years ago my life changed. I officially became a grandmother, a Mimi to be exact. The other day I thanked my daughter for making me a grandmother. 

I feel so blessed to be one. I did not have a very close relationship with my grandmother until I was eleven, and moved to Texas. My grandmother became particularly important to me after my mother passed away when I was only twenty-two years old. 

It became my practice to visit my grandmother weekly, and couldn’t wait for her to meet my daughter, Brittany. My grandmother lived to be ninety-eight years old, and shared with me so many stories about her life and my mother’s. I feel blessed to have known her. 

As I reflect back on the last four years, and the addition of a second grandchild to the mix, I feel doubly blessed. Both boys bring a smile to my face and keep me laughing. They remind me to keep that enthusiastic attitude about the little things in life.

Right now I hold rock star status in their eyes, and I’ll hold on to that as long as they are willing to extend it. The other blessing for me is getting to experience little boys. I was over the moon about my one and only girl, but boys are definitely a different animal, and so much fun. 

Seeing the world through their eyes helps to keep me young, and knowing that I’m important to them expands my purpose for this season of my life. 



So here’s to many more years, but the first four have been particularly sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment