Wednesday, December 18, 2019

New Year’s Resolutions


New Year’s Resolutions

I’m thinking about expanding my repertoire of emojis in 2020. Just like a lot of other things in my life I get comfortable in what I’m doing, and need a kick in the pants to shake things up. 

The basic laughing crying face, the sad teardrop face, the uncomfortable smile face, and the home alone cat face seem to be my go-to’s when it comes to expressing myself. 

However, after a cursory examination there appears to be tons more that might express my feelings more exactly. A few months ago I had Chuck help me figure out how to make one of those totally personalized emojis. I love it, and use it for text messaging. I need to see if it works on Facebook. 

While we are talking about New Year’s resolutions I’ve learned a few things about myself over the years when it comes to naively thinking my life will greatly improve through the implementation of resolutions. Here are just a few of those insights:


I’m not going to choose a word for the year. 

I’ve ditched the fancy planner for an old fashioned Teacher’s Credit Union calendar to keep up with everything. Although, I do have a really nice planner my sister gave me that I enjoy filling out with other types of things. 

I’m not signing up for any online courses as I rarely ever finish them. 

I’m not setting a number of books to read for the year.

I’ll probably not attempt a daily gratitude journal because what I’ve discovered about myself is that it is almost impossible for me to keep up with these kind of things on a daily basis. 

What I will do is continue to walk during the week at the gym, continue to attend a Weight Watcher meeting weekly, and will continue to track my food. These all seem to be ingrained in my routine, and are actually good for me. 

Although, I might not always write it down I do thank God regularly for all His many blessings in my life. 

How do you feel about New Year’s resolutions?






No comments:

Post a Comment