Monday, December 30, 2019

The Better Idea


The Better Idea

The thing I think I love most about spending time with my oldest grandson is getting a chance to view life through his eyes. 

He got to spend spent a couple of days with us last week, and we really had a blast. 

One of his favorite things to do is paint, and I thought it might be fun to paint on real canvases, so we made our way to Michael’s to pick up our supplies. I had planned that after that we would try out a burger joint in Southlake that I had been on my radar. 

As we made our way to Michael’s we passed by the 54th St. Grill, which just so happened to have an outdoor patio with a fire pit. He immediately made a comment about the fire, and I asked him if he’d like to eat there. 

He seemed very excited about the opportunity to eat outside, and since the weather was unseasonably warm I decided that his idea for dinner was the better than mine. 

I’m so glad we followed his lead because along with some pretty delicious food we had a really enjoyable eating experience. We listened to the music, checked out the college football game every now and then, and warmed up to the fire which actually was in the middle of our table.

Best of all my grandson’s meal included a scoop of his favorite “nilla” ice cream for dessert. 


We returned home to paint cows using our new paints, brushes and canvases. Much to my delight the paint we had purchased was actually metallic, so our cows turned out pretty cool too. 

At four years old, our grandson reminds his grandparents to never stop having fun.






1 comment: