Monday, September 9, 2019

Getting Started


Getting started.

Why is it that sometimes the hardest part of accomplishing something is just getting started?

Mark Twain advised, “The secret to getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and starting the first one.”

I know for me I am often reluctant to start something because I’m either not sure exactly where to start or I’m not guaranteed success at the end. 

Both of these excuses have stood in the way over the years of me achieving things I’ve wanted. 

I’m really good at gathering information. I can spend weeks, months, even years contemplating the best way to do something. 

Unfortunately, when you never get started you never get finished.

I like the idea of breaking things down into manageable chunks. It’s the whole how do you eat an elephant question. One bite at a time. 

Just last week I was reminded at how fleeting life can be, and how we really shouldn’t waste any time not getting started. If there is something you have been wanting to do what small step can you take today to make it a reality?





No comments:

Post a Comment