Monday, July 8, 2019

Facebook Birthday


Facebook birthday. 

I’m not really sure what we did before Facebook when it came to our birthdays?

Yes, I’m sure we received a few cards, a present or two, and a resounding chorus of Happy Birthday which actually is all really great. 

However, a whole new level has been added to your birthday when you get to reminisce about each and every person who wished you a Happy Birthday on Facebook. 

It really is remarkable how many different people cross your path over sixty-three years. Family, friends, co-workers, classmates from elementary through college, friends of friends, former students, club members, and church family, and even a few you’ve never actually met in person are all a part of your life through social media. 

No matter the role each person has played in your life, whether large or small, they all are a part of your life story. I wanted to thank everyone for remembering me on my birthday this year. Your kindness brought a smile to my face, and I look forward to staying in touch this next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment