Wednesday, July 17, 2019

The Best Birthday Gift Ever


The best birthday gift ever. 

As you may remember I celebrated a birthday at the beginning of this month. 

Chuck was scrolling through Face Book when he came across something he thought I might like, so he ordered it.

Now we’ve all pretty much been spoiled by Amazon Prime and its two day delivery that he didn’t really give a second thought to when it would arrive. He figured ordering it three days before my birthday would assure a timely delivery. 

Now I wish I could say this was the case, except here I sit ten days later, and it still hasn’t made its way here. You see this gift wasn’t only made in China it was actually shipped FROM China, so the two day rule was out of the question. 

Now luckily the company has done a good job at keeping Chuck apprised of the gift’s location, and Chuck has been texting me regularly to keep me in the loop. I thought I might share the texts that have come my way along with a description of the accompanying giphy that was sent alongside each message. 

Tuesday July 9

Your gift will arrive within the next 6-11 business days!…
(The giphy image was a small tugboat style boat fighting the waves as it began its journey from China.)

Wednesday July 10

The gift had made it to Chicago and the text said, Your gift will be arriving shortly…Maybe 6-11 business days.
( The giphy image was a WWII style bicycle and bicyclists pedaling as fast as he could from Chicago.)

Saturday July 13

Your package will be arriving soon (6-11 business days)
(The giphy image was a man running at breakneck speed carrying two suitcases under his arms.)

Sunday July 14

Your package has arrived in  San Antonio and will arrive at your house tomorrow OR in 6-11 working days.
(The giphy image was the infamous picture of an airport worker throwing packages onto a conveyor belt.)

Monday July 15

Your package is to arrive sometime between 9:00 am and noon OR between none and 9:00 pm. Please be there to sign for the package. 
( The giphy image was a man checking his watch, and NO I really didn’t need to be there to sign for it. 

Tuesday July 16

Your package has arrived in Ft. Worth little lady, and should be delivered by sundown…OR In the next 6-11 business days!
(The giphy image was a cowboy basically lassoing himself with a rope-you know Cowtown.)

Now I have no idea if it really will arrive by sundown, but I have a feeling no matter the gift, I think the text messages have won the show, and is the real gift. 

Thanks Chuck for making a bad situation hilarious! I’ll have to let you know what the gift is once it arrives or maybe I should say if it arrives!





No comments:

Post a Comment