Friday, June 21, 2019

S’Fruit


S’Fruit.

Last week I helped out at my church’s Vacation Bible School. By helped out, I mean I worked in the kitchen to prepare snacks for the kids. 

One of the snacks we prepared were s’mores. Now before you envision me sweating in front of a bonfire roasting hundreds of marshmallows, we used a more Pinterest friendly version. 

Two graham cracker halves, chocolate frosting, and marshmallow fluff made a much easier version of the snack. As I helped prepare these with a few other women comments were made about how yummy they looked. 

Just about that time another helper walked by with a plate full of fruit left over from breakfast. As I eyed the colorful array of mandarin oranges, bananas, grapes and strawberries I found myself thinking how delicious the fruit looked. 

I couldn’t help, but be a little tickled at how far I’d come. When a bowl of fruit trumps s’mores you know you’ve crossed over to the light side!

No comments:

Post a Comment