Wednesday, April 17, 2019

What Are You Waiting For?


What are you waiting for?

Some people wait all week for Friday, all year for summer, all life for happiness.”
Joshua Becker

I actually began this posting a few days ago with a little different perspective. That is until I watched with sadness as Norte Dame Cathedral burned before my very eyes. It became apparent that I would not ever be seeing the full cathedral in all her glory. 

To be honest, I’m not really a bucket list type of person, and although I would have enjoyed seeing it in person, I would have been okay if I hadn’t. 

However, what it did reinforce was that we can’t live our lives waiting for some elusive date or event. Each day is what we are given. Some days may be remarkable, but most will not, but that is okay. 

Rather than waiting for the weekend or retirement we have to be protective of how we are going to spend the time we have now. We have the opportunity to find happiness in the ordinary, and the mundane. 

Being open to the blessings often hidden right before our eyes allows us not to have to wait for happiness. Although, anticipation can bring a happiness of its own, we can’t allow tomorrow to over rule today. 

I pray that some of the cathedral can be saved, and that someday I might actually visit the city of lights, but until then I will be content with the blessings each day brings. 




No comments:

Post a Comment