Friday, April 12, 2019

Making an Impact


Making an impact. 

I have a friend who consciously each day looks for an uplifting message to post on Face Book in an effort to change the culture of the day. Social media has a way of bringing out both the best and the worst in us. 

Not having to actually look someone in the eye emboldens us to say things we may never have actually said in person. I’ve been guilty of this myself. 

Writer Whitney Hopler reminds us: “If you want to make a powerful and lasting impact on the culture, you’ve got to do more than just consume it, critique it, condemn it or copy it.”

As I thought more about my friend’s impact on the culture around her I couldn’t be more inspired to emulate her example. Be a light for others in a world often consumed with negativity. 

2 comments: