Monday, March 25, 2019

Inspiration


Inspiration. 

“...inspiration is truly the springboard for creativity.”
Wired to Create

As a blogger who bases my writing on observation, I find that I’m constantly seeking inspiration. During those times I deem as dry spells I find that my creativity wanes. 

As much as I try to force that next posting it just doesn’t happen. 

In Wired to Create: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind by Scott Barry Kaufman and Carolyn Gregoire they write about 10 Different Things Highly Creative People Do Differently. 

One of these is inspiration. Being open to inspiration generally results in experiencing it more frequently. This is usually preceded through being open to new experiences.

I have also found that being more aware of your surroundings can also result in inspiration. Looking at things with fresh eyes, and being playful in the connectedness of what you observe can be inspiring as well. 

Sometimes we can view ourselves as not being creative, but perhaps this is due more to not being inspired. Inspiration can be found in what we read, what we watch, what we hear, who we meet, and even what we smell or taste. 

If I don’t push myself to be actively involved in my day to day life, and allow myself to just go through the motions, I’ll find myself less inspired, and consequently less creative. 

Couple creativity with imagination and you will begin, “seeing new possibilities in life.” I’m finding that when life feels interesting to me, I am a happier person. Kaufman and Gregoire remind us that, “Inspired people also tend to enjoy increased well-being in life.”

How inspired are you?






No comments:

Post a Comment