Friday, June 22, 2018

Unexpected Opportunities


Unexpected opportunities. 


My life can sometimes be a paradox of sorts. As much as I like the comfort of the known, I really do love when those unexpected opportunities pop up. 

I think taking advantage of them makes life so much more interesting. I can't help but think about how moving to our apartment was something that had never been on our radar, and yet it ended up being such a great experience. 

True its days were numbered due to our noisy upstairs neighbors, but if we had never moved to Las Colinas we probably would never have ended up where we are today. We also would not have met the people, or have had the experiences we did if we had not taken advantage of the unexpected move of Chuck's work. 

Unexpected opportunities can really be found anywhere, from a new menu item, to something as different as attending the Veggie Fair. Not every opportunity will always pan out, but you will probably profit from it in one way or another. 

When I think about the masters of unexpected opportunities I can't help but think about my mother-in-law and her sister. During her lifetime she and her sister would always be off on one adventure or another. Their love of life could not be squelched, and the memories they made still remain. 



 I'm always on the lookout for that next unexpected opportunity, so as not to let it pass me by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment