Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Regret


Regret. 

Regret is an interesting thing. For some people choosing to have no regrets is based on the understanding that you can't undo the past. However, others use regret to help propell themselves forward in making future choices. 

I can honestly say that I have a few regrets, and pretty much all of them have to do with not taking risks. My cautious nature has kept me in check over the years, and I'm not really sure that has benefitted me.   

I came across the following while reading Roadtrip Nation, this week, "Taking a risk is a preemptive strike against regret."

I like the idea of being preemptive. I'm trying to do that very thing when it comes to my health.  Chuck and I have tried to be preemptive with our finances when it comes to retirement. However, when it comes to personal growth I find myself sometimes holding back. 

Roadtrip Nation also cautions not to adopt the "deferred-life plan." They ask the question, "What decisions are you not making that you should be?" 


Perhaps, making that "bucket list" is a first step toward being preemptive after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment