“What we do every day matters more than what we do once in a while.”
Have you ever noticed how people tend to point out what they’ve been doing wrong instead of what they’ve done right?
The extra chocolate chip cookie, the missed day at the gym, being lured down the rabbit hole of the latest internet conspiracy all seem to get our attention. We’ve all been there to one degree or another, and we are often quick to beat ourselves up for missing the mark.
However, when you think about it, it's not the few times we mess up that gets in the way. What makes the difference is what we do most of the time.
By nature, I've been more of an all-or-nothing kind of person. If I can't do things perfectly, then I'm quick to give up. I'm still learning to extend myself some grace, just as I would to others.
So now, when I don't measure up perfectly, I remind myself of this little secret and quickly inventory all the things I've done right that week.
I hope you can remember this too.

No comments:
Post a Comment