Saturday, October 10, 2026

Secret of Adulthood-Day 10



 “Pouring out ideas is better for the imagination than doling them out by teaspoon.”


I remember a technique I used in my classroom called brainstorming. I'm sure most of you have used it at some point. The basic premise is that you list as many ideas as you can without passing judgment on any of them.


When you are through, you can go back and determine which ideas will probably work best for you. 


I find that in life we are guilty of false choices. When faced with a dilemma, we narrow our choices down to one or the other, thinking those are our only options. In reality, several other possibilities might be better. 


If we get in the habit of pouring out our ideas, we will end up with many choices. Letting our imagination run wild is not necessarily a bad thing. 


Hoarding ideas and only dispensing them drop by drop hinders our creativity. And remember, creativity isn't limited to an art project or your next novel. Any time there is a problem to solve, this is an opportunity for your creativity to shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment