Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Vocabulary





My three year old grandson amazes me with his advanced vocabulary. 

He’s like a sponge when it comes to learning and retaining new words. 

Earlier this spring I had taught him that a roly-poly was actually a crustacean, and not an insect when he was on the hunt for insects for a school assignment. 

Today as I was sitting in the backyard I heard him say, “Mimi, do you want to come see some crustaceans?”

He had overturned a log that had been home to a herd of the little fellows. 

A minute later I found him chasing after a huge toad telling him he was going to find him a burrow to live in. 

He likes to refer to killer whales as orcas, knows all about sea pigs and the ring of fire thanks to a favorite tv show called The Octonauts. 

I’m convinced this boy is an auditory learner, and his vocabulary prowess never ceases to amaze me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment