Monday, June 14, 2021

Traffic





Chuck and I have been on the road quite a bit the last few days. He’s probably done most of the driving, but I’ve done my fair share. 

I can honestly say that I don’t know what has happened to traffic in 2021. Each time you venture out you are literally putting your life on the line. 

I’ve been cut off repeatedly by idiots traveling the speed of sound insistent that come hook or come crook they are going to pass me. 

One slipped between us and a trailer being pulled by a pick-up truck leaving only inches to spare. Since Chuck was going seventy I can only imagine what his speedometer read. 

On the way home from Comanche a guy on 820 found it appropriate to shoot Chuck the bird since Chuck was trying to get over to allow him the lane. Apparently he had the same idea at the same time, and with the pedal to the medal he raced past us all the while honking his horn, and gracing us with his obscene hand gesture. 

Yesterday as I made my way home from the grocery store, the guy behind me decided to pass me on the right using the shoulder. As I watched his maneuvering I was aware that several feet ahead of me was a car broken down on the shoulder. 

If I hadn’t been paying attention I probably wouldn’t have been able to slow down enough to let him get by. Between hitting the car head on or side swiping me it was probably a no brainer for him which choice to make. 

What has happened to our world that EVERYONE seems to be in such a hurry that a seventy mile an hour speed limit is not sufficient? I hate to admit that my love for humanity goes out the window when I get behind the wheel. 

It’s a real three ring circus out there. 

(Photo Credit: Jean Singletary
Taken on 1-20 June 2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment