Thursday, June 24, 2021

Doppelgänger





I was eating lunch in Southlake with my high school friend Carol when I looked up and saw my Dad eating lunch right across the way. 

Now you may ask how can that be since he passed away four years ago?

Well apparently what they say about everyone having a twin is true. This gentleman looked so much from the side like my Dad I couldn’t believe it. His mannerisms as he ate even resembled my father’s. 

Now since I’m not one to think that everything is just a coincidence in life I got up to speak to him and his daughter. I showed them a picture of Dad, and they agreed that the resemblance was uncanny. 

I couldn’t help but ask if there was a possibility of being a distant relative. We got back as far as Ireland, but if I didn’t know better I bet an Ancestry.com search might find a relationship. 

Needless to say, I savored every moment as a special God wink allowing me to spend time seeing my Dad one more time. 

Doppelgänger-a biologically unrelated look alike 

No comments:

Post a Comment