Friday, July 17, 2020

Change of Plans




Change of Plans

Isn’t it interesting how quickly things can change in life?  Just when you think you’ve got it all together, boom you’re hit by a pandemic. 

Just a few short months ago I had a perfectly fine life that included friends, family, and activities. I was actually quite tickled with myself for carving out a new life in my new location. I treasured getting to still spend time with my old friends, but I was beginning to make new friends as well. 

I was walking each morning at our local gym, attending Bible Study, Weight Watchers, Book Club, and Retired Teachers meetings. I would meet my sisters for lunch, had reconnected with a high school friend, and still met monthly with another group of friends. 

I visited the library regularly, shopped for groceries at more than one store, would return periodically to my old apartment complex to walk along the lake, and even would attend author talks quarterly. 

Life was good, and I was humming along always looking forward to getting to spend time with my daughter, son-in-law and grandsons. 

As it turns out there may be a change of plans in the works. Funny how you think you’ve got it all figured out, and God has other plans for your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment