Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Baked Beans




Baked Beans

I’ve discovered a super easy, but delicious baked bean recipe that I wanted to share with you.

About a month ago I was watching Off Grid with Doug and Stacy on You Tube. Stacy was recommending using a small cast iron pan if you were only cooking for two, rather than a larger, heavier one. Up until this point I had only used my small cast iron skillet to heat up uncooked flour tortillas. (I get mine from HEB when I get the chance, and they are just like homemade.)

In an attempt to use my skillet more I decided to make cornbread using  Morrison’s Corn Kits. It ended up being the best cornbread I ever made. 

I then discovered that the small skillet was perfect for making baked beans. The recipe I use is so simple, and it elevates a can of pork and beans to something special. These are the ingredients you will need:

1 can of Pork and Beans
3  Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon  mustard
2 Tablespoons ketchup 




Preheat oven to 375
Add all ingredients in a small cast iron skillet or in an ovenproof baking dish. 
Stir together.
Cook for 15-20 minutes. 



We like to serve our baked beans with grilled hotdogs topped off with some of our zucchini relish. I’ve included the link for that below. 




Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment