Wednesday, July 29, 2020

BLT Tortellini Salad





BLT Tortellini Salad

If you are looking for a refreshing summer salad that is hardy enough to be a meal then this salad is for you.

The tortellini is what elevates it to another level. If you can swing it buy your tortellini from the refrigerated deli section, although dry tortellini does just fine.

Not only is this salad delicious, but it is also very colorful and attractive to the eye. It would be perfect to take to a summer get together if we were actually allowed to get together. 

The last time we had this I served it with Stacy’s Pita Chips. Of course, you can make your own by toasting pita bread, but in a pinch Stacy’s are a good pairing. 




I also cooked up my own bacon, but I have used Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits. If you want to lower the calorie count you can mix the dry ranch dressing with plain nonfat yogurt. I’ve made it both ways, and can’t say I liked one more than the other. 

Here is the recipe:






Enjoy, and let me know what you think if you make it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment