Thursday, May 6, 2021

Mother’s Day Breakfast





When I arrived at Brittany’s this week I was greeted by my oldest grandson smiling sweetly with a bag of donuts and kolaches in his hand.

He had asked his mother if they could get donuts for me since the Mother’s Day Breakfast at school that week was for moms and not grandmas. 

Along with the delicious breakfast, which he had waited to eat with me, was a beautiful card he had made out of a coffee filter. 

Apparently at school he had learned how to use markers and then water to cause the colors to bleed. He had hit his Mom up for the filter, and knew just what he wanted to do. 

He did confide in me that he wanted to get me the sprinkle donut, but that his mom had said I’d probably prefer the glazed donut. I must admit I did sneak a small bite of the sprinkle donut. 

The smile on his face when I took his picture said it all. 

I am one blessed Mimi!



No comments:

Post a Comment