Wednesday, June 10, 2020

More Breakfast Ideas


Omelette

Chuck is the omelette king around our house, and usually we keep them very simple with a slice of American cheese. However, the last time we had omelettes we skipped the cheese, and just added diced veggies (mushroom, red onion, peppers, and tomatoes) We topped the omelette with fresh salsa, and it was delicious! We did not miss the cheese at all. 

(My go-to salsa is from Walmart, and I find it in the produce section of the store. I like restaurant style medium crave.)






Avocado Toast

Now this is more of a weekend breakfast, but it is absolutely delicious. Although, avocados are very healthy they are higher in WW points so I don’t eat this regularly. 

I keep my avocado very simple. I basically mash up one or two avocados depending on the size with a fork. I squeeze about half a lime into the mashed avocado, and then I sprinkle some seasoning on top. I use a seasoning blend made by the grandfather of one of Brittany’s college roommates, but I thinking something like Season All might do. I’m not making guacamole here so I do not add, onion or tomatoes to the mix. 

The key to this recipe is actually the toast. I use Ezekiel Bread with Flax. I usually buy one loaf a month, and keep it in the freezer. This is a sprouted bread, and is actually a complete protein. The secret to this bread is in the toasting. 

Chuck is the fried egg chef around here, and he fries up over easy eggs which we place on top of the toast smeared with avocado. When you break the yolk of the egg, and let it drizzle over the avocado toast mixture you will not believe how luscious this breakfast can be. If you can get a higher quality egg ( fresh or pasture raised) with a bright orange yolk it is even better. 






No comments:

Post a Comment