Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Breakfast




Breakfast

I used to eat a bowl of cereal every day for breakfast. It was quick and easy, but I was usually starving by ten o’clock. What I didn’t know then was that I wasn’t getting enough protein, and was predictably hungry just a few hours later. 

Today I make sure I get protein at my first meal of the day, and I’m generally fine until lunch. I also save my higher point (WW) breakfasts
 for the weekend. Today I’m going to share some healthy breakfast ideas.

Eggs

Hard boiled eggs are a quick and easy way to get a protein packed breakfast. For several years I baked my eggs in the oven, but now I use an egg cooker to hard boil them. If you want to bake them in the oven this is how to do it:

Preheat oven to 325
Place raw eggs on rack in oven
Cook for around 27 minutes (adjust accordingly to your oven)
Remove with tongs or an oven mitt and plunge into a bowl of ice water
Let eggs cool for 15 minutes
Peel and store in a glass container in your refrigerator




I like to sprinkle my eggs with Everything But the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s.



Scrambled Eggs

I often times scramble an egg for breakfast. I usually add a splash of half and half, and I like to add grated Parmesan cheese to these eggs. 

Sometimes I slice mushrooms, dice red onion, and slice grape tomatoes, and sauté them in either vegetable broth, chicken broth or even water. The trick here is to only use a splash of broth so your veggies don’t stick to the pan. Add a splash more if needed as you sauté. 

In a separate pan scramble your eggs ( this way your eggs remain yellow and look more appetizing.) When both are ready add the veggies to the eggs. This is one of my favorite ways to eat eggs. 




Stay tuned to tomorrow for some more “eggcellent” ideas.


Parmesan cheese tip:


Buy your Parmesan in a block, and grate it yourself. I store mine in an old Parmesan container. By grating it yourself it has more surface area resulting in more flavor.






No comments:

Post a Comment