Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Culinary Challenge

 



Oh the culinary challenge of feeding a five year old- yes the struggle is real. Thank goodness for peanut butter and jelly, and also bacon. 

The other day I was asking my middle grandson what foods he actually liked because based on past experiences he disliked most everything I had ever offered him. 

Here is his list:

My good cheese-“You know the one where the white is mixed up with the yellow.” (Colby Jack)
Carrots
Pepperoni
Pickles
Sunflower seeds- “You know the ones you spit out.” (Which I’m pretty sure at his age he basically sucks the salt off them and spits them out, but according to him he really loves them. Lol!)
Peanut Butter and Jelly

The next morning he had bacon for breakfast, and since he likes to eat bacon by the handful I’d say we can safely assume it belongs on the list too!

I was discussing this with my daughter, and said his list was kind of like a capsule wardrobe where you limit the number of pieces in your closet. 

I’m not sure exactly what you can make with carrots, in the shell sunflower seeds and pickles, but if you know please share your recipe.

1 comment: