Friday, December 14, 2018

Caught, Not Taught


Caught not taught. 

I had the pleasure of eating dinner this week with my daughter's family. I had made a mid-week trip down to visit, and help out where I could. 

As we were eating dinner Brittany told me that Casen had told her the other day that he was putting his napkin in his lap just like Mimi. She asked me if I had made a point to remind him to do that. I said I had not, and his comment just reinforced how our children and grandchildren are always watching us. 

My oldest grandson is particularly observant of adults as he tries to figure things out. I was tickled that he had picked up one of my good habits on his own simply by watching me. 

As a grandparent of two grandsons I want to remember that my actions will always be under the scrutiny of two little ones who are learning to maneuver their world. I hope I can be a good example for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment