Friday, March 16, 2018

Resistance


Resistance.

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."
Steven Pressfield

I came across this quote the other day while reading a posting from a fellow blogger. She has been writing and posting a novel over the last several months that is extremely good.  She began writing in November when she took on the challenge of writing a novel in thirty days, and it has evolved into a creative undertaking that she is now wanting to publish 

The quote above is from Steven Pressfield's The War of Art. After reading these words I felt they described kind of where I am right now. I've got so many ideas and plans, and yet I can't seem to make a move. I've been perplexed as to why I've been so unmotivated, and have tried to blame it on the weather, however I think that is just an excuse. 

What I love about having creative friends is the inspiration they bring. My blogging friend is hard at work editing and revising her mystery story getting it ready for publication. I can't help but cheer her on, and feel motivated to push beyond the Resistance myself. 

If you'd like to read her mystery here is the link:


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I opened your post this morning and recognized the quote and then recognized the person you were writing about. I so enjoy having creative buddies to keep me moving.

    ReplyDelete