Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Let there be Light

                                             
                                              Let there be light. 

Well apparently I've been living in the dark for the last year. Now I knew that my apartment had little natural light, and that the artificial light was lacking, but it wasn't until we moved to our new house that I realized how bad it was. 

Poor lighting, and diminishing eye sight all contribute to more challenging housekeeping. I've realized also that I have to rely on my intermediate readers in order to efficiently sweep the floor. Oh vey! I can only imagine the struggle twenty more years down the road!

With that being said, I am loving all the natural light that is flooding through my windows. I've always been motivated by sunshine, and my nesting instincts are kicking in. I'll be doing a lot of dusting, and scrubbing now that I can actually see. 

I'll be honest, housework is not something I naturally gravitate toward, but I do like an orderly home. Just like exercise can require some discipline, loading the dishwasher before bed requires the same commitment. 

My sweet sister and a high school friend of mine both gave me permission not to overdo when it comes to getting the house company ready. I've already made a Walmart run to pick up a few things needed for the house. However, it does feel good to take a little break, and write a post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment