Thursday, July 4, 2024

“I’m Teachable”

 



The other day I overheard a conversation between two women. I had no idea who they were, but they were discussing one of the women’s new job. As the conversation continued the question was asked, “Do you know how to do something?” I didn’t actually catch what that “something” was, but I loved the answer that I heard. 


The other woman replied with, “No, but I’m teachable.” Wow! I haven’t been able to get that thought out of my head. There was quite a bit of confidence, but not overly so in her words. She may not know now how to do something, but she felt certain she could learn. 


Recently my six year old grandson has mastered several milestones in his young life. In the last few months he’s learned how to ride his bike, swim, read, and draw a three dimensional Miles Morales( aka the new Spider-Man.)


As I contemplated his achievements I had to wonder what I had learned lately? Am I still teachable? With my birthday coming up I don’t want to lose sight of still learning new things. I want the confidence to say, “I’m teachable!”


So for now I want to congratulate my middle grandson, and look toward him for inspiration in my own life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment