Sunday, February 6, 2022

Killing Patton


This book by Bill O’Reilly which actually belonged to my Dad. I had kept it thinking Chuck might read it one day since he enjoys military history. 

After reading about France during World War II in The Nightingale, I was interested in learning more about that time period. 

I really enjoyed reading this book, although the subject matter was hard to read. I think everyone studying history in school needs to read a book like this. For me World War II was more about dates and names, and I don’t think I really grasped the extent of the carnage. 

After reading more about this time period it made me realize how blessed I was to have been born when I was, and how easy my life has been compared to those who have gone before me. 

I have several other WWII works of fiction on my bookshelf, but will be spreading them out throughout the year. 

I don’t think I would have ever picked this book up, but am so glad I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment