Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Back to Nature


Back to Nature

What is it about being in nature that seems to restore the soul?

Given the chance between eating indoors or out I’ll always choose patio dining when the weather permits. My daughter was telling me the other day about how they had been eating most dinners out on their back porch. It really does elevate the whole dining experience, and dare I say might even make the food taste better. 

Sitting on my back porch has been my saving grace these last couple of months as we’ve been asked to stay home. Although, my view is only of my neighbor’s house it doesn’t really matter. 

I’m still able to breath in the fresh air, feel the cool morning breeze, and listen to the sounds of birds chirping in my neighborhood. Having a covered porch is the biggest blessing of all, and I’ve certainly taken advantage of it. 

I’ve especially enjoyed watching my pair of bluebirds raise their little family, watching Cooper excitedly chase his ball in the backyard, and just sitting peacefully while I read or reflect on life. 


Each evening Chuck and I have been getting out to enjoy a daily walk. We have explored nearby neighborhoods, have walked along the hiking trails in our town, and have even returned to the lake at our old apartment complex.


This pandemic has forced us all to slow down a bit whether we wanted to or not, and as we look back on this time I hope we don’t loose sight of the benefit of stillness, and getting to reconnect with the natural world. 

I hope you are having an opportunity to enjoy getting outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment