Monday, April 6, 2020

What You See



What You See

During this unusual time of staying at home, many of us have turned to social media as a way of connection. Words of advice, inspiration and even humor have all been ways to help us not feel so on our own.

One of the blogs I follow on Facebook is Texas Homesteader. Tammy the author lives in the community where our farm used to be. The other day she wrote something that really hit home. 

“I’m a firm believer that you see what you’re looking for. Look only for the negative, you’ll certainly see it. Look for the positive and you’ll see that too.”

I know how easy it is during times of crisis to get caught up in everything that is wrong, and trust me the negative cannot be denied. However, looking for the positive can help even out the bad times. 

Sometimes it requires a choice to do so, but the consequences can bless you many times over. 

I’m choosing to look for the good when I can, and together we will come through this time stronger and wiser. 

Wishing everyone a blessed day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment