Friday, May 31, 2019

Afternoons


Afternoons. 

Recently I found myself contemplating how I spend my afternoons. Since I’m retired I don’t have a strict schedule to follow, and to be honest that’s one of the things I really like about retirement. 

However, not having a schedule often times doesn’t work out too well for me, and I find I do better with some sort of structure to my days. 

As I thought about how I want to spend my free time, I’ve decided I want to be a little more intentional about what I choose to do. Of course, remaining flexible isn’t a bad idea because some days you want to just kick back and relax.

I try to remind myself that time is the one resource I can never get back, so being a good steward of the time is something I aspire to. 

“How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives.”
Annie Dillard 







2 comments:

  1. I would be interested in how you came up with what you wanted to do with your afternoons. This is something that could be helpful for me when I cut back on a few things I'm so busy with right now.

    ReplyDelete