Wednesday, December 5, 2018

FabEuless


FabEuless.

It's been almost nine months since Chuck and I moved to Euless, and to be honest, if you had told me several years ago that we would live here I wouldn't have believed you.  Kind of like if you had told me that I would be the proud owner of a Bassett Hound I probably would have just laughed. Neither were on my radar, but life has a way of surprising you when you least expect it. 

Our primary reason for moving here was to be closer to Chuck's work. They had moved to Las Colinas a little over a year ago, and he was not looking forward to having to commute by car. Since 1993 he had been driving to Downtown Dallas on the Dart bus, and although it was a long commute he wasn't having to do the driving. 

Now that we've lived here for a while I can honestly say I'm glad we made the move. Although, Euless itself is a community of a little over fifty thousand, it literally is in the center of the metroplex. So anything I need is usually just a few minutes away in a surrounding town, if Euless doesn't have it. Of course, I've found that the shopping center on Glade and 121 pretty much has everything, and is only ten minutes away. 

I think the thing I love most about living here, though, is the lack of traffic. Of course, rush hour is typically crowded on the surrounding highways, but when I'm running my errands during the day I'm not having to take my life into my own hands making my way through traffic, unlike Frisco. 

The pace is much more relaxed, and I am really enjoying being a part of it. Recently, I joined our local Family Life Center which includes a Fitness Center. Taking advantage of the senior rate I was able to join for a whopping $7.00 for the year. Now each morning I'm up early walking on the indoor walking track. Best of all it's literally less than five minutes from the house. 

We are taking advantage of being equidistant to both Dallas and Ft. Worth at around twenty-five minutes to each. We are traveling the short distance to places like Grapevine, Colleyville, South Lake and Las Colinas for shopping and eating out. 

Even Frisco is only a thirty minute drive so returning for monthly retired teacher meetings is not even out of the way. Best of all we are about twenty minutes closer to Brittany and Will and the boys at just a little over two hours. 

We are loving our new home, and are beginning to meet some new neighbors, as our neighborhood has been under construction since we moved in. I'm happy to say that we think our new community is just FabEuless!



No comments:

Post a Comment