Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Spring Training


Spring training. 

Well it feels like Cooper and I are back in spring training. What once was an effortless walk beside the lake has now been replaced with a more deliberate pace. 

We've been out of commission during the winter months, except for those few rare days of sunshine and warmth. I must admit it does kind of bum me out, because I was pretty proud of  how far I could walk. 

Why is it that as with most things you have to start over if you stop? I had great intentions of doing some inside walking of the halls to stay in shape during the colder months, but unfortunately that never materialized. Chuck is feeling the same way about the gym. During the height of flu season he was a little hesitant to visit not wanting to tempt fate. Just like me he is starting over. 

I'm making a point to get out each day for the next two weeks if the weather cooperates. Step by step I'm working toward building back my stamina. I must admit that Cooper does not seem to have the same problem, as he appears to be as lively as ever. He's a good sport, though, and hasn't  really complained about the shortened walk. 


I know that over time my walk will get easier, and for that I am glad. I guess the lesson learned  is giving up totally is never good, and starting over is the consequence of not keeping up the pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment