Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Roughing It


Roughing it. 

Well the countdown has begun, and we will be moving later this week. We had the good fortune of being able to gift our living room furniture to some close friends of our daughter and son-in-law. They came by yesterday, and loaded up a trailer full of furniture. 

I wasn't exactly sure what we would do for living room seating in the interim, and had considered dragging out the card table and chairs. As the furniture was being loaded, and I was out on the patio offering "moral support," it hit me that we could use our patio furniture for the week. 

So here we are all four of us settling into what Chuck likes to refer to as a "minimalistic." The cat seems quite content curled up on a comfy blanket, and like always Cooper is by my side when I'm watching tv or checking my e-mails. 

I've been busy packing using boxes left over from our daughter's move, and have made pretty good progress. We have hired movers to move the heavy furniture, and our son-in-law Will is coming up to assist with the boxes. The good thing, though, is basically everything was culled through last year, and we are only taking the the things we really value into our next home. 

We've ordered some new furniture for the new house, and I feel like a kid on Christmas morning waiting for it to arrive. I'm excited to get moved in and unpacked. In true Cunningham fashion we should be pretty much be settled in in a matter of days; no unopened boxes six months down the road for us. 


We'll spend the rest of the week here "roughing it" on the lawn furniture, and eating our way through the pantry and freezer. More than anything I still can't believe another year has passed by so quickly, and am making a note not to let the next one slip by unnoticed. Our year in the apartment has given me a new perspective on living fully no matter where you call home. 

1 comment: