Monday, March 12, 2018

Excuses


Excuses.

Chuck and I were at REI this weekend exchanging a pair of shoes. When I entered the store I came across a large sign with the slogan, "What's Your But?" To be honest I had to do a double take to make sure another "t" wasn't added to gather the full meaning. 

All throughout the store were other sings all bearing the word "but," and a variety of excuses. The promotion kinda of hit home, because I'm really bad about finding excuses not to do things. "But" seems to be my favorite word, and my untried Pinterest account is proof of this. 

We can have all the greatest of intentions, but if we allow that one word to creep in we will probably find ourselves not following through. If we can come up with enough excuses then we don't even have to start. I'm guilty of coming up with an idea, and talking myself out of it within minutes. I'm not really sure why I do this?

Along with Chuck getting a new pair of shoes I walked away more determined than before to be more aware of that three letter word that seems to carry so much influence. We can always find an excuse to say, "No," but I can't help but think that life would be more interesting by saying, "Yes" more often. 



No comments:

Post a Comment