Friday, March 9, 2018

Countdown


Countdown.

It's hard to believe that we are already in the month of March, and will be closing on our house in a few weeks. I've already started packing,  and anticipate that this move with be much easier than the last. 

Chuck and I have really enjoyed watching the house come to fruition over the last couple of months. We were not able to choose or change anything, and have been quite pleased at how everything has turned out. It is as if we had sat down with the designer ahead of time, and made our choices known. 

I'm at the point of contacting the movers, setting up the new utilities, and we have even ordered some new furniture. According to our salesperson at Haverty's we are doing modern farmhouse. I think Chip and Joanna would be proud. 

After helping our daughter and son in-law move last week we were able to return home with plenty of boxes from their move. I have a feeling I'll be well ahead of the game, and we'll be all set to go prior to our closing date. 

I've enjoyed our apartment adventure, and look forward to unpacking those things of mine that have spent the last year in a Rubbermaid tub. Luckily, we have already culled down to only the things we really love or need. 

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."
William Morris






2 comments:

  1. I think I missed the announcement of you new house. Congratulations! Are you staying local?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just about twenty minutes down the road. Still close to my husband's work, but it just made more sense to buy since he has several more years before he retires.

      Delete