Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Boy and His Boots


A boy and his boots. 

My daughter and son-in-law have moved to their new home in the country. It's the perfect place to raise two boys. Her mother-in-law posted this picture the other day, and I couldn't help but smile. 

It is of my two year old grandson checking out the front garden in his pajamas and his red boots. No self respecting cowboy would ever be caught without his boots. My grandson is quite adept at putting them on by himself, but even more so in taking them off. 

In fact, each time his family goes out for a meal he quickly kicks them off as soon as he's seated. I'm not sure where he got the idea that you should always remove your footware before eating? Maybe he got it mixed up with his cowboy hat!  All I know is once when Chuck and I took him out for lunch we heard a "Clunk, clunk," and looked down to see his boots lying ascew on the restaurant floor. 

As far as two year olds go he's one lucky boy because his Dad picks him up regularly to go feed the cows. Dressed in his boots, jeans, jacket and baseball cap he already knows how to haul hay, and call cows to the truck by turning on and off the siren. He sure seems to take his job seriously, and will likely be following in his father's boot steps. 

Each time I look at this picture I can't help, but count my blessings for being a part of this little guy's life, and look forward to seeing where those boots might take him. 






No comments:

Post a Comment