Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Library Adventure

 


The other day I took the opportunity to do something that had peaked my curiosity.  I visited  the grounds of the Dublin, Tx Public Library because  I had noticed before that they had a series of book pages arranged around the outside of the library. I discovered that the displayed book was Miss Maple’s Seeds by Eliza Wheeler. 

This was a delightful story that captured my imagination. The illustrations, by Wheeler as well, were magical. I’m curious if the library changes the story periodically. Actually, I hope so.  The display was positioned around the library building on a gravel walking trail. The grounds of the library was flanked by beautiful old trees, and the crisp autumn air made this adventure quite enjoyable.  

I knew when I left I would have to own the book. It arrived a few days ago, and is just beautiful! My favorite quote is:

“… for the world is big and you are small.” 

There is a reference in the story to a grand  tree that began from the smallest of seeds. I couldn’t help but be reminded of the parable of the mustard seed. 

“The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed that someone took and sowed in the field; it is the smallest of seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.”
Matt 13:31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment