Tuesday, December 20, 2022

The Last Book of the Year

 


I just finished reading
 The Christmas Sweater by Glenn Beck. It was a small book in size, and seemed fitting for the season. In total I read a total of twenty books this year. Thirteen were fiction and seven were non-fiction. 

Most of the fiction books took place during WWII, and involved women acting as spies. My favorite books were written by Kristen Hannah, and I already have another of her books in mind for next year. 

One of the most intriguing books I read, Leaving Time, is a book that about half way through I thought I might abandon it. As it turned out I flipped to the end to see how it turned out. When I learned the ending I was motivated to continue reading. I actually enjoyed knowing the twist as I read, because initially I think I would have totally overlooked it. Add also all the information about elephants, and I was in book heaven by the end. 

What I did learn, though, was that a book a week is unrealistic for me. As much as I enjoy reading, I really don’t want to devote the time necessary to finishing a book a week. One thing I did do this year, though, is start reading fiction again, and I was introduced to several new authors. 

This upcoming year I’ve not set a number goal as to the amount of books I want to read. That being said I have asked for books as my Christmas present this year. Whether it is twenty or fifty-two the important thing to me is to keep on reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment