Wednesday, November 16, 2022

The McDonald’s Playground



Growing up my daughter spent a lot of time at Mc Donald’s, both eating their fine cuisine and       playing on their playground.

Back in those days the playground was outside, and even though the infamous ball pit was probably a cesspool of germs, I never really gave it that much thought. I guess I figured that sunlight was a great disinfectant.

My grandsons, on the other hand, have only been to McDonald's a handful of times in their young lives. It’s always an exciting occasion when they do go, and just like my daughter, they look forward to the Happy Meal toy. 

One thing they haven’t been able to do, though, is play in the inside playground. My daughter, and rightfully so, has been a little concerned about the wisdom of rolling around in a germ factory. So each time they ask we end up mentioning something about the sick kids playing there. 
What we didn’t realize, though, was that my four year old grandson had taken that to mean that the playground was only for kids who happened to be sick. 

The other day my daughter was running to town to pick up groceries. She told the two younger ones that they could stop by McDonald’s for lunch. The four year old it turned out was thrilled because since he’d been sick all week with a cough he figured he’d get a chance to finally play in the playground-you know the one for sick kids!😂

1 comment:

  1. Life through the eyes of a child is so enlightening and entertaining and helps us to improve our communication.

    ReplyDelete